What Does A Black Ring Mean?
We see many people ask what a black ring means and we have found there are many meanings behind wearing one AND where it is worn. In the ENM and swingers world, the black ring is known to many as a symbol so clarity is a good thing before you assume that is the intent of wearing one!
Table of Contents
The Top 5 Things A Black Ring Means
Here are the top 5 reasons a person might wear a black ring. But keep in mind some people wear one just for the sake of wearing one to look cool!
- A black ring can signify attributes such as courage, power, or strength or even show conviction or belief.
- When worn on the right-hand middle finger a black ring shows that a person identifies as asexual. The color of the ring is typically chosen due to it being a neutral color so it could be other variations on this particular finger so be aware! We have also seen this called an “ACE ring” which sounds badass!
- A black ring worn on the right-hand ring finger is typically a sign that the wearer is in an open relationship, is a swinger, or is part of the ethical non monogamy lifestyle.
- It could be just a cool ring that someone found and it happened to fit on a certain hand or finger (so doesn’t have a meaning!)
- For some, a black ring is worn on the left ring finger (the “wedding” finger) showing the world that the marriage is built on everlasting commitment. In a marriage, a black ring can symbolize the power of love. But keep in mind we have also heard that wearing a black wedding ring sometimes can mean a person is recently widowed so be mindful if you see a black ring on this finger.
If you want to learn more about what a black ring means – ask someone wearing one! Don’t be shy – it could lead to an amazing connection that could turn out to be your next ENM friend… with benefits! You will find when you wear one and people ask you about what your black ring mean that you can be as creative or as forthcoming as you want; the choice is yours always!
Regardless of which reason a person might choose to wear a black ring, one thing we know for sure is that they are conversation starters! I can’t help but smile when I recall putting one on for the first time and later that night being engaged in conversation around it and its meaning at a local pub!
If you see a black ring while out in the “wild” and you can relate it to one of the reasons above why not strike up a conversation and see if you are right. Ask what their black ring means. Even if you are wrong human interaction is always a good thing and you might come away with a funny story to tell your friends later on. We have a feeling your senses won’t lead you astray though and you will be in for a fun chat with a new potential friend.
If you are looking for a place to explore black rings or potentially get one for yourself or someone in your life we suggest you check out our affiliate site ITLrings.com. As a thank you for looking at the site feel free to use the discount code ITLENM to get 20% off your purchase!
Here is hoping the next time you are out you see a black ring and you can potentially make a very cool connection!